Old 08-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #19
jmurphy31
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Video - Super Bowl Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm right there with you. I wish they would take pretty much all specific commentary lines out of franchise mode. As soon as I heard Jim Nantz talk about Justin Smith's triceps injury, I cringed. I would much rather hear some generic stuff that at least relates to a game I played last week over something like that. I still remember hearing about Matt Cassel's trade from the Patriots like six seasons into my franchise.

And I agree with the highlights vs. actual film. It's a tough combo that really doesn't work well. Kind of like when they tried to splice game footage in with the awesome M08 intro. It was horrible. I still have a soft spot for last gen's intros with the players warming up and showcasing a player from each team for a matchup or sometimes a QB-WR duo. Expanding upon that I think could have been awesome for your average Sunday games.
Exactly. I cringe every time Simms mentions how well Belichick and Brady work together and how great a coach he is. And he's not even in the game.

As for the split screen showing QB match ups, RB comparisons, or even CB/WR Matchups. Throw in some stat banners and it immerses you into the franchise.

One thing NCAA does which I wish Madden would add is all the stats in the team selection window. Like team leaders, historical stats, etc.

Last edited by jmurphy31; 08-22-2013 at 05:52 PM.