View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #24
steveeee
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Videos (Fan-Made and Definitely Worth Watching)

Quote:
The thing with FIFA is that, up until this year anyway, people have gravitated towards that game because of the licenses, because of the smoother player control, and because the game in motion looks better than clunky old PES with it's PS2-era animations. For most gamers, licenses, gameplay smoothness and great animations = more real. IMO that's what people are actually referring to when they say FIFA is more sim.
You left out one of the biggest reasons why people have gravitated towards FIFA .. and that is online play. the online community for FIFA is huge world wide... .. regardless if you like FIFA or not.. it's simply the best online sports game you can buy and has the the most online modes out of all sports video games.. not just footie games. FIFA is just one of the better online games in general.. not just sports. and the large online community FIFA has built proves it.

Of course licenses is a big thing.. even the audio... but animations looking more real would go to PES now starting this year.

I think for konami to really compete again.. they need to try to get their online some what even close to what FIFA has. word of mouth and the good reviews will sell this new PES but if they actually release it with better online and online clubs or some type of 11 v 11 type stuff... people will start to convert back to PES from FIFA at that point. THere is many people who only buy FIFA just because of online.. if it wasn't for that.. they wouldn't be buying it. Yes of course there is also many who buy just because of all the licenses as well..

with this new game play and animations PES is showing.. the multiplayer looks excellent.. and if they release this game with good online master league and maybe even a mode with you can havemore than 4 consoles in an online game.. like FIFA club mode.. PES online will get popular fast and will have many covert over.

EA figured out awhile ago that online community is a major impact that helps sell some of their sports games every year.. mainly FIFA and NHL.. they put online as one of their top priorities in developing the sports games now days.. and FIFA is #1 in sports online that i know of. Konami needs to get with the times.. and needs to make online a prioriitiy... I would even say that is more important for PES than Licenses and Stadiums imo ... I'm sure there is many offline only gamers who will disagree and that is OK.. but really online play is a huge factor.

ps. for me personally.. I already seen enough in the leaked demo that I'm buying this day 1 no matter what. I am also not expecting the final code to be much different from the leaked demo except for some keeper bug glitches or input lag to be resolved hopefully.. I will download the demo and play it though before I pick it up day 1 so I could change my mind after I play it

Last edited by steveeee; 09-04-2013 at 03:12 PM.