View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #117
LFC Jet
Rookie

LFC Jet's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden 25 How's Your CFM Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Wayy Andre
Started my official Chargers franchise. Trying my best not to make too many signings and/or trades that are unlikely to happen in real life for the Chargers. However, one of the first things I did was cut Whitehurst and trade Brad Sorensen + 3rd + 4th round picks to the Eagles for Matt Barkley. I like him in real life and the game and I am planning to groom him for a season or two until Rivers' time is up. Doing 32-team control so that all depth charts are 95% accurate. I'm also using Jarrod21's Red sliders.

Simmed through the pre-season (I always sim it and turn injuries off so no surprises). Then played the first game at home on Monday Night against the Texans. Let's just say I definitely will need to tweak the sliders a slight bit.

The challenge was fun but I felt like I had to be 150% perfect to even have a chance at getting a stop on defense. I actually did get quite a few stops and picked Shaub off 3 times, but here's the kicker: I threw SIX interceptions with Rivers. SIX! We were down 14-49 at one point early in the 4th quarter and after Rivers threw his 6th pick I benched him for Barkley. Really wasn't planning to use Barkley at all during the season but I just had to change it up.

He immediately threw 9 of 11 for 165 yards and 3 TD's, no INT's. Perfect QB rating. At this point it was 35-49 with about 3:30 left. I'd impossibly stopped Foster/Shaub making every damn pass for four drives in a row; I needed a fifth. 3rd and long, Shaub forced to throw to try to clinch the game: PICK by the Chargers' best player, Eric Weddle! At this point it was a little under 2 minutes. Since I knew that even if I scored I'd need a miracle to get the on-side kick, I made a questionable call and put Rivers back in. Barkley was red hot but I wanted to give Rivers one last chance to salvage his job. He drove down the field in about 1 minute and scored.

There was probably 40 seconds left. I knew if I got the ball on the onside there was no way I wasn't going to bring it to OT. Of course, I didn't get it. Only 1 timeout left because of injuries (so dumb); I lost.

It was a ridiculous almost-comeback. I am VERY unhappy with how Rivers played. I'd say half the picks were maybe my fault/forcing a throw. The other 3 were Rivers being inaccurate. Not once did Barkley display that type of inaccuracy.

I have a dilemma now... Bench Rivers and start the rookie Barkley? Or give Rivers another chance...

Naturally I'd want to give Rivers another chance because I want to play as realistic as possible (there is virtually NO chance in the world that Matt Barkley starts for the Chargers in the 2013 NFL season). My plan right now is to let Rivers play this next game and then if shows similar play, begin the Matt Barkley era in San Diego.

If anyone cared to read or skim this ridiculously long post, what do you think? Start Rivers and his 3 TD/6 INT performance, or hand the keys to franchise to Mr. Trojan and kick off the Matt Barkley era in San Diego?
How about starting Rivers but putting him on the trade block and see what offers pop up, if any tickle your pickle sort to say bite the bullet and trade him?

I know this goes against your realistic idea but may as well, 6 INTs surely moving on is a good thing?