View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #4
Deck
Rookie

Deck's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 Video - New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Lakers

At this point I can say with 90% certain that I wont be buying it for the PS3. I may buy it for next gen or PC though.

They added a lot of contact animations, but contact in the paint could be somewhat OK in 2k13 with the right sliders(you can adjust layup,inside and dunk in traffic). The biggest improvement is really the blocking.
Shooting and spacing seem better making 3's OVERPOWERED because from what we've seen On-ball D doesn't seem to affect that much(JIMEEEEER RANGE). We can't just expect, in an animation driven game, to lockdown the 3PT line, even in the real nba guys are left open(or semi-open) a lot of the time we just can't guard players much further.
I just hope they messed up when they told us it was on SIM sliders because even in default setting's too many shot's went in.

What we can expect is online/MyTeam game modes to be awful where the Curry family will still rule the game (even more than now, if the paint D is improved), that's why I can't see myself getting the game on PS3. It just looks too much the same and still flawed.

IF they at least made the shooting a bit more penalizing(in real nba a shoot, unless it's a corner 3, is not a good play it's settling for the easy option), and fixed some paint passed this could be a good game.

The biggest question mark here is: we still haven't seen the ZONES.