View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #11
clipperfan811
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 45 - NBA 2K14 Deep Dive with Mike W

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Could you point me in the direction of when that was discussed during the podcast? Or could you at least summarize what was mentioned (unless what you already said pretty much sums it up).

I'm with you 100% on the "dice roll" dynamic. Post-patch 2K13 was about as rough as I've come across when it's come to stealing the basketball. Nearly any and all strategy felt absent, replaced almost entirely with the aforementioned "dice roll", which was heavily stacked against the defense. Faced up, unprotected, waist-high dribble? How about a defender reaches through the basketball and gets whistled for a foul. For a game in which turnovers already seemed tough to come by, a steal mechanic that basically trained gamers to never attempt to force an on-ball turnover was pretty frustrating.
Come on man I know you're a borderline hoop junkie, take the plunge and listen to the whole thing. It's got a ton of cool little insights.

There was a ton of talk about balancing, which seems to be a key point this year. I thought it was cool to hear about how they've gotten rid of a lot of the ai boost in favor of just smarter decision making. I think this is at the top of the list for a lot of guys who mostly play offline.

The steals thing was big for me as well, I doubt the clipping issues have been fixed entirely but it's going to be interesting to see how the new mechanics play out.

If it's really realistic I can already hear people complaining about too many steals. If steals are a bit of an issue the solution is pretty simple... 2k needs to patch in more reach in fouls NOT tune down the steals.
Advertisements - Register to remove