View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 02:35 AM   #21
Eaglerock562
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K14 Missing Players List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Figures
Is there any official word from 2k when they will have the roster updated and complete? We have a league the wishes to start but can't due to missing players. For instance my Lakers are missing key players.

Thanks Gents
Don, like yourself I am pretty pissed about my Lakers not having all their players available, but I wouldn't expect Elias Harris to even be on the game disc, however Ryan Kelly I'm certain is on the game disc, but he's just hidden due to being a second round pick and not having a guaranteed contract. Seems that players with a non guaranteed contract there is a understanding or agreement between 2k and the NBA of not including them until their contract becomes guaranteed, or at least that is what I gathered with information from last year, but still no excuse to have this many missing players even if they are training camp invites. I would almost venture to tell you and those in your league that it is wishful thinking that you will get any type of roster update from 2K that is remotely close to being accurate. Our Trifecta roster set for 2k13 last year was without a doubt the most ACCURATE roster set out there as we included MANY players that weren't even mentioned to be considered to play in the NBA, but as well I know that PJT also is like myself and very OCD about having an accurate roster with every current player available at our discretion.

I wish I could give you better news, but this infact what we have had to deal with for years and nothing gets better before it gets worse. The 9/30 roster update that 2K uploaded was a joke anyways, that was their way of covering their a$$ and making only the minor adjustments that users would be focused on, but the worst part is the amount of player contracts/salaries that are once again completely wrong. It's obvious that none of this information is gets confirmed or perhaps even researched and it wouldn't take more then one person to do that, especially when daily I am able to get through all 30 teams and keep it updated within 1-2 hours tops. Unfortunatley I would not take a job offer from them to do this because I would rather be a part of the solution then become part of the problem.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide
Advertisements - Register to remove