View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
Gnemi
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official word on the patch...

In fairness, my experience was far too limited so we should all listen to Gonira as he seems to be the only one on this forum playing the PC version of the game post-patch.

As I mentioned in another thread, my first reaction after the patch was relief. It felt like a proficient and fast dribbler could find space...not necessarily skin his opponent, but find space. Before the patch, I felt like my only option lest I wanted to be dispossessed was to tiki-taka pass the ball instantly like it was a hot potato.

I think what's happened with the rise of Barcelona and Spain's national side is that a lot of football fans think this is how football is prevalently played around the world. That's simply not true. Even Arsenal are not playing their brand of tedious possession football as much this year.

In an ideal setting, FIFA would be enjoyable using possession, counter attacking, or even route one tactics. What it should not do is force one tactic. Where EA get into trouble IMO is by trying to create gameplay and physics that appeal to online and offline players. The online kiddies want their FIFA to look like NBA Jam. We can whine about that all we want, but these kids want their football to be played that way. Period. The offline / career mode players (like most of this forum) don't give a flat $%#@ about online or Ultimate World of Warcraft Team football.

I wish EA would just go back to the years of Simulation or Arcade settings so everybody could be happy.