Old 10-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: What settings are you using? PES 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverBlowingBubbles
Yes guys, it's shame manual shooting is not working as intended and there's no manual controls for through balls. I remember FIFA had them. Basic feels very restricted.

I also noticed most AI teams on TOP PLAYER become through ball spammers. Anyone else having this problem? I'm playing League Mode (EPL). AI players always seem to perfectly move into space leaving my defenders behind and they make constant foward runs down the wings.

Any tips on defending against this kind of AI behavior?

By the way, how do you make your own players go on runs down the wings? Could you guys share with us some of your tactics?
I set my defense line to play deep, shift to attack low, and play 2 CDM's.

You could also make your defense very compact and force the CPU to play balls to the flanks.

Also, A LOT of the spamming is down to human error. What I noticed when playing was that I would chase the ball pulling defenders out of position and creating space which the CPU on TP will exploit. I've the last 3 matches in my Chelsea League mode as the ST since they don't score IRL anyways. My tactics worked a lot better when I wasn't able to screw them up. We actually held a clean-sheet in a 25 min match vs Swansea with Schwartzer. I could sit back and watch my players play fundamentally sound D.

I know that's not the ideal solution but give the tactics a try. I also try to contest every pass with the standing tackle button. Instead of going for the tackle I try to break up the pass. Watch out for cards though as you'll probably clip a few folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free