View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #14
lynkraid
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo22
Live's big problem is that its going up against 2K, which looks phenomenal. Its also going to retail at the full $60 and the final point is that its coming out on next gen so people are going to expect something special.

So far, looks wise, its comparable with current gen. The first few 2K trailers made it look like next gen. Live needs a solid footing to kick on next year. Hopefully it gets that.

One thing that still amazes me is that we've yet to see video of a real game, none of this produced trailer stuff, true game footage is needed for people to get a true reflection of the game. You have to wonder that with only 2 weeks to go that EA havent shown anything yet. Its no wonder people have reservations about it.
Its graphics don't bother me so much, gameplay should always come first. Ever wonder why so many like playing old games? Its cause of the gameplay, not the graphics. Graphics never last over time, but gameplay does. Even great as NBA2k14 next gen is going to look, by NBA2k17 the graphics will look out dated, and if NBA Live is still going head to head by then, it will mostly likely look just as good.

Also people need to remember, the more you hate on NBA Live the more likely we wont see a 2nd NBA game on the market, the best thing for NBA2k is competition, cause it makes every game better.

I'm no fanboy, and I been with NBA2k since NBA2k on the DC, I was never a NBA Live guy at least since the great NBA Live 99 game on PS1, but I so want to see NBA Live be a success. I don't understand how 2k fanboys want Live to fail so badly, go away and never come back, when at the same time they wish and dream NFL 2k would come back.

Back to topic, if NBA Live was below $60 people would look at it as being a cheap game, yet the same time people will complain that its $60, but also if the game were only $20 many would buy it, but also many would wonder why they should buy a $20 or even $40 game that might not be a full blown next gen game. Remember Live has a full demo for the launch day, so it wont take much to make up your mind if its good or not.