View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #12
BQ32
Pro

OVR: 0
@Artur, there really is midfield play if you choose to play that way. It is just a more patient and skillful based way to play so most players do not take the time to learn it properly. I think mostly because of the history of Fifa in which legacy defending with its laser beam homing style forced people to play very quickly. With tactical defending though it was drastically changed. However though the game became way more realistic most players continued to play with the same sprint ping pong run up the side and cross style.

Its rewarding to learn the nuances of skill moves and patiently finding openings to exploit, just make sure if you are playing h2h unranked games your opponent isn't using legacy defending and you will get a much more well paced game. If they try that run full out at you defense then it is easy to exploit and get around with a bit of skill.

In h2h unranked if someone is using legacy d I don't even bother playing anymore because it just annoys me to the point where the game is very unfun even if I am winning.