View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #39
Sundown
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 14 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
The game is terrible, plain and simple. If you like it, that's fine, but just know that you like terrible video games. No one will fault you for that, but don't try and make it seem like people get ANYTHING out of reviewing this game in a biased manner, because that's not what the reviewer did at all
Seriously, there is no shame in liking bad video games.

I really liked Clive Barker's Jericho, even though it got poor to mediocre reviews. I think some of what it did was quite brilliant. I also am not as picky about my COD type shooters. I loved the single player of Medal of Honor Tier One or whatever it was called. And I will probably like the single player of Warfighter and BF3/4, some which also got mediocre reviews. I think I just don't need as much innovation and perfect level design as some more jaded guys to enjoy myself. I also realize I would be a terrible reviewer because I'm not critical enough about these games.

But I'm critical about simulations.

I'm critical about my tactical realism based shooters which they don't make anymore. And I'm critical about my basketball games.

Otherwise, I realize it's probably crap if most people don't like it, but I have no shame admitting I have fun with it.

Now Live, however, falls even below my threshold of kinda fun, kinda crappy, but kinda pretty to be an enjoyable but flawed game.

Last edited by Sundown; 11-25-2013 at 06:12 PM.