View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #118
williams_87_05
Rookie

williams_87_05's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontraktniki
Considering Minnesota doesn't own it's pick in real life, it wouldn't be fair, lol.

In reality, however, if Orlando were to view that hypothetical pick as a lottery pick, they would possibly do it, but they'd want to send back a contract of sorts...probably Glen Davis.

Corey Brewer + 2014 1st + Shabazz

for

Tobias Harris + Glen Davis + 2014 2nd

that would work salary-wise and (to me) is relatively fair value given the fact that Shabazz was a late-lottery in a weak draft, so is likely valued as a late-first in an average draft, plus Corey Brewer would not be a part of Orlando's long-term plans. Shabazz could, however, be a fit as a rotational wing/bench scorer (and the fact that his potential is so low thanks to 2K he's not much more unless you're willing to invest in Unlimited Potential with him in the offseason). He is a fun guy to play with regardless...I've started him on a few rebuilding teams and done well.

Big Baby offers frontcourt depth to a team without much behind Kevin Love, and they are, after all, chasing a playoff spot. He also can play some spot minutes at C, so that's a plus for them.

Tobias is young, talented and versatile. He can play 3/4 (though you'll want to develop his perimeter defense and ball handling) and finishes well in transition, and if you watch the T'Wolves at all, they love to run off turnovers/missed baskets. He's also a solid 3 point shooter. Personally, with regards to 2k14, he's the kind of guy you can build around as a 2nd option offensively.

I think both teams win in a sense in both trades, especially given the fact that Minnesota already traded away that pick in real life, so it obviously isn't something they coveted (though it is top 13 protected in 2014 and top 12 protected through 2016...something I wish we could do in 2K).

The big question is...would Orlando want to moves Harris? Possibly...I mean they still have Harkless at the same position, and an additional pick in 2014 could net them a similarly talented 3/4 to replace Harris, and Shabazz (if you're willing to throw him in the deal, of course) would mitigate some of that perceived talent-loss.

I try to keep my trades realistic as well and generally ignore the ones that are "too good" in terms of value, but this one would make a good deal of sense to me, especially if the pick were completely unprotected like it would be. Would Minnesota move an unprotected 2014 1st for Harris though...?

Tough call, but I say if you make the deal as outlined above, I wouldn't feel guilty about it. Ultimately, it is important (in my opinion) that Orlando not unnecessarily absorb additional salary as that is something they would absolutely not want to do in such a deal, which is why I suggested adding Big Baby and Shabazz. They have excess cap space for a reason...they want it going forward to be significant players in free agency, likely in 2015.

Sorry for rambling...it's late in Thailand and the muscle relaxers have kicked in.
Hey thanks for the quick response, I would definetly do the deal that you responded with. Big Baby although I am not a fan would give my second unit a good low post threat, and I think Harris could bring us to the next level. I am in a win now stage, Rubio is in his 3rd year and Love is healthy, I feel like we have to take advantage of what we have and fill in the holes. SF being one and 2nd unit post scoring, this deal does wonders if cap allows it. I will try it in a bit to see if it's possible. Thanks man