View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #11
NowAndLaterCARZ
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmehustle
Lol! This happens every couple of years. Will such and such be successful in the NFL. Smh I wish that people actually kept up with these claims. Let me go down a list of successful recent college QBs who people said would be good in the NFL. Tebow, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Colt Mccoy, Colin Klein, Sam Bradford, Dennis Dixon, Jason White, Troy Smith, Jimmy Clausen, Eric Crouch, Pat White, Colt Brennan, Chris Weinke, etc. Idk if Manziel will even be around 5 years from now in football, Im doubting it right now but hey we'll see. But Im pretty sure everyone who comments that he will dominate the NFL probably said the same thing about 75% of that list. So I am sure that you guys have no clue what your talking about. Ill listen to what Greg Cosell has to say.
1st off, whoever told you Colin Klein would make a good pro knew nothing about football. But on to johnny, I dont think he'll have an immediate impact as a Russell Wilson. But Manziel has a strong and accurate arm that many people dont credit him for. Does he have a better arm than Bridgewater? No. But he has a good enough arm for a mid to late 1st round pick. Yes he had NFL talent on his team (2 OL and WR), but Texas A&M's defense was horrible if not the worst in CFB. I give the guy credit for carrying his team by having to score 40+ just to avoid getting blown out. His worst game came against LSU, that game was probably the closest he came to facing an NFL defense. But the guy beat Alabama last year, and looked impressive this year against Bama again. As we all know Alabama has had a pretty impressive defense the past few years with a lot of NFL talent. But I think he can be a decent pro if he ends up on the right team with good O-linemen. He potentially could translate his game to a 6ft1-2 Colin Kaepernick only if he ends on the right team.

Last edited by NowAndLaterCARZ; 01-10-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove