View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 08:52 PM   #15
Kaiser Wilhelm
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Sports Daily: Will Manziel be a Successful Pro QB?

He had the potential for success. He has the physical tools needed to succeed. He has decent mechanics to work with as well. Decision making is too bad either. The question is he willing to put in the time to study the game, can he be coached on his mechanics, when to run, when not to run, and to make better decisions.

There are also certain types of throws he will need to learn to make more consistently. I'd give Manziel an A potential but I see him struggling. He won't be Luck or Wilson, or Brady. I see him struggling early in his career. Not to the point of being terrible, but going through typical rookie growing pains, if not more than we are accustomed to seeing. It will be in his fourth or fifth year as a starter whether he will take off or sink like a rock.

Manziel gets a longer leash than Tebow because he actually has mechanics to build on. I like Tim, and I root for him, but man, I wish at some point somebody had taught him footwork, or throwing mechanics.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove