Old 01-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #5
Golfsprince
Rookie

Golfsprince's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fun Idea: College Golf 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
As a former college team golfer myself (Winthrop University), I should be wired for something like this, but honestly, it's never dawned on me that NCAA golf would be popular in a video game. I personally don't see a lot of interest in NCAA golf, but maybe I'm not paying attention. OTOH, if it was well implemented, it could very well build its own fanbase. I just think we need to put the horse before the cart at this point and have a golf game that makes enough people want to play console golf again.

I've got to tip my cap to you though... you've thought this out very well. I think you have a marketable core design there. Now you've got to find a publisher/developer who's willing to wrestle with NCAA licensing again
Yeah that's the thing, you want to make it an epic golf game that can real new people to the sport even if it is a golf game. Of course people are going to be like "What the heck? College golf?" but I thought the same thing when MVP NCAA Baseball released but it ended up being an enjoyable and refreshing baseball experience and reeled me into something new.But you never know, people may play a college golf game and might enjoy it. Just can't make it a lame boring golf game is all lol.

Thank you man I really appreciate that, I like sharing ideas with other like minded golf fans! And boy, wouldn't that be nice if we saw the NCAA license again? We could bring back hoops, football and baseball and add sports like golf and hockey (Although I'm only a casual hockey fan)

Favorite Teams

Golf - USA Ryder Cup Squad

NFL - Bears, Falcons

NBA - Bulls

MLB - White Sox

College - Northwestern Wildcats, DePaul Blue Demons, UIC Flames, DuPage Chaparrals
Advertisements - Register to remove