brandon27
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NASCAR '14 Official Impression Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc85
Good points --Here are my initial observations after 1 quick race at Daytona:

1. I do agree that visuals seem to be a downgrade - that was disappointing.

2. I put the AI at 35% and the AI pretty much ran as a pack the entire race.

3. I do agree that the feel is a bit better and maybe easier to control the car.
I'm glad it's not just me that thought that then. The tv I was playing on today, I've only had for a few weeks now, so I thought maybe Im just not used to the switch from Plasma to LED in that room yet etc. etc. Im still going to run a race on the plasma I used to play on later tonight and see, but hearing it from someone else too at least makes me feel a bit better it's not just me, or my eyes in my old age!

I don't want to get others upset who dont have it, It's not that the game looks bad, because it still looks good. It just feels like its been downgraded. The menu's look almost a bit blurry in spots with some of the wording, the cars the same at times, lots of jaggies around alot of edges. Stuff that I typically don't notice, or care about, really jumped out at me this afternoon. Normally others complain about it, I read it here, but rarely ever notice or care at home.

That being said, there were also several times I was running from the in car, or roof cam, with wide open track in front of me, and it still does look really good for the most part.

I forgot to mention too, I ran two laps at Daytona too under testing mode. Felt good. Looked ok too.

Also want to mention, I was using a controller today too, felt I had no major issues at all controlling the car, or holding my line through the turns at Daytona. That's a huge plus for me, and any of you casual racers out there that may not have a wheel, or want to invest in one.