View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 04:04 PM   #64
G2zone
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Suggestions/Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Josh
Why should they take away the option for someone like myself to buy hot streaks? I don't have the time to build up a thousand with my work schedule so being able to buy them allowed me to finish in the top 50 and get what I needed. I'm fine with them allowing people to stack them but don't suggest something that punishes other players because you didn't finish as well in this one.
You make a fair point, Josh. People who play games will either have time or money (or both) on their hands. Everyone on the spectrum should have a shot at the rare prizes. And after thinking about it more, I do think you are right that the way to make the most level playing field in a tournament (which is what I'm trying to suggest) is to allow the people who have more money and less time to buy hot streaks, and for the people who have more time and less money the ability to store hot streaks. Both will have that important strategy tool when it comes down to "money time" at the end.

For me, not having the option to rack up points in 10-point chunks at the end very much affected both the enjoyment factor and the outcome for me. Pointing out that I was 7th in one and 11th in the other was merely to demonstrate how important hot streaks are in the last 2-3 hours. I would guess that most people on the bubble of an award tier would agree with me on that point. Cisco, Odc, Brian (and maybe tafpres...I'm not sure if he was using hot streaks or not), had the benefit of "unlimited" hotstreaks in those crucial hours. I had this in tourney #1 and didn't in tourney #2. I'm asking for that back, that's all.