View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #16
My993C2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 14 The Show PS3 Launch Trailer: Baseball Is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
It is still a must buy if you have a PS3 system and have no intentions of purchasing a PS4.
Disagree ...

There is no doubt there are plenty of new features in MLB 14 (Quick Counts, Player Lock, Saving to multiple platforms). So it is a new game. But these feature changes will not be used by everyone.

- Quick Counts ... a good feature for those who want to play as many games as they can in a short amount of time. Obviously caters the the Franchise players who want to play as many seasons as they can. But not everyone wants to play a game in 10-15 minutes. Some people like to take their time, some people are not concerned with playing as many games as they can in the shortest period of time. I am not saying Quick Counts is bad, clearly it is a good feature for many. But if you don't use it should you buy the game for a feature you don't use?

- Player Lock ... a good feature for RTTS mode, where you are concerned with only your player. But not everyone needs or will used Player Lock. I am an MoM player, so Player Lock is a feature I won't use.

- Cross Platform Saves ... a good feature for those who plan on buying the PS3, to start their Franchises/Seasons as soon as possible and then be able buy the PS4 when it comes out a month later and continue on what they started in the PS3. But what if you have no intentions of buying a PS4 this year? What if you have no need to carry over your rosters from one year to the next? This feature will be used by many, but not everyone will use it.

So far the only thing I will get by buying MLB 14 is:

- Access to the 2014 schedule.
- More accurate player photographs with the current 2014 teams.
- Maybe a little more variety with the commentators though how much better is unknown.

I am sure MLB 14 will be a great game, but I am not convinced it is a "Must Buy" for myself. I am thinking I might be better off saving my $60 + tax and jumping into the MLB 15 for the PS4 platform next year.