View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #33
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: R.B.I. Baseball 14 Available Now, Post Your Impressions - Gameplay Videos Include

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykeith
I really don't understand how keeping stats out of it captures the essence of the original. As a kid I tried to keep my own stats on paper. There is a reason in the 80's dice games like strat-o-matic were so popular. If it was baseball, it was stats.

I could care less if the stats are realistic or completely inflated, they still make every at bat matter and fuel the fun to play a long season.

If they kept them out "in the spirit of the original", why do the graphics not look like power pro or some other bowling ball looking characters? You capture the original by making it feel and play like the original, not by purposely keeping out simple stat tracking. This was a business decision to not spend the time and I am going to make a business decision to not spend 20 dollars unless it is added in. I am not trying to be negative but don't skimp on development time and throw up a smoke screen like "in the spirit of the original" unless you are only going to charge 5 bucks on every platform.
It's an individual choice whether to buy the game or not.

For me, and it's a personal choice, I don't need stats for a 20 minute arcade like game. This game is similar to putting a quarter in a old baseball game in the arcade and hitting the steely ball up the ramp for a HR. Also, it's a single season mode, if it was multi season, I'd be more on the stats bandwagon.

MS and Sony have higher licensing cost vs android cost, plus rumor has it mutli-player will be available in the summer.

Last edited by roadman; 04-09-2014 at 11:54 AM.