View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 01:50 PM   #45
cardinalbird5
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Online Play a Swing and a Miss at Launch

The hitting/pitching interface and transferring from one host to the other seems to not be a problem at all. I think that was a good idea on their part and it is also what Professional Baseball Spirits does as well.

The problem lies in the fielding/baserunning. I don't know if it is synchronized at the same time or what their goal was, but IMO it should revert back to how previous installments handled the fielding/baserunning. It should be real time. I never really had a problem with lag affecting my baserunning or fielding, unless there was just a huge hiccup in the network on a routine flyball or something. And in that case, most of the games would drop anyways since the connection wasn't great to begin with.

I really don't see any other work around since baserunning and fielding has to be in real time for pickles, stealing, tagging up, etc. The timing has to be precise and you have to have real time feedback from your opponent in order to retreat or advance on the base paths.

From the few videos I have seen, the fielding/baserunning is the main problem, so hopefully they can fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove