Old 04-23-2014, 11:34 AM   #14
fearwhatnow
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 10 Things 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Does Better Than FIFA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
I honestly feel that if you are more than a casual FIFA player (i.e. you enjoy tactical, intelligent build-up play, or slow in casual terms) you can't take the World Cup releases seriously. I think of them as a cheap way for EA to pad their war chest with a novel offering.

I recognized the WC releases for what they were with the release of FIFA '12. When I was younger my cousin and I would play the WC releases all the time and he would destroy me. Then I started playing the annual releases more regularly and got better. A few years ago I played my cousin again in FIFA '12 and crushed him. He complained about the game being to slow and said FIFA WC 10 was better. I got a hold of a copy, he played a little batter, and crushed I him in that as well. We haven't played since.
I would like to see a video of Fifa 14 with tactical build-up play and real possession game by the cpu (or human player). Ofc there is none. Most gamers think that playing the game on slow speed/manual controls makes it a "Sim" right away despite the major flaws everywhere.
Centre zone battles are nowhere to be found. What EA provides is a fest of standing tackles from both sides. This is not football.The core gameplay is arcade and some "sim fans" try to fix it with the sliders. But this is not NBA2k14 or The Show where the core game is closer to the real sport and with the sliders provided someone can have an almost perfect simulation.