View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 05:14 PM   #12
asu666
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I believe soccer is past the years of struggling to exist at all in America and in a lasting upward trend that should take the next decade to really begin to firm up as a lot of young kids are playing soccer now and sticking with playing longer. America is seeing more high school teams and the rise of college soccer program importance now that the MLS represents a viable long-term domestic league.

I for one hate commerical breaks, so I'd always prefer to watch soccer over American football, which breaks every couple of minutes for ads. Soccer never had much support from major television networks in America because there's no place to break in with ads every few minutes, but the groundswell of support from a now sizable fanbase has made not televising soccer too risky because the support continues to grow and all of the networks want to have a toe in the pool if the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc. begin to slide in popularity.

Additionally, the MLS app is awesome. Like the other major sport ads there are matches, but the MLS app goes further with shows and player-centeric content. Plus, there's no ultra-annoying commerical break music like on say the NBA app.