View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 06:12 PM   #16
braves_94
Rookie

OVR: 1
When I was a kid, youth soccer leagues exploded. This was in the mid to early 90s. Shortly after that, the MLS started up. So soccer has enjoyed a pretty steady rise for going on two decades in America. But I don't know why you're questioning soccer's rise. I'd call any increase in popularity a rise. I imagine as the latino heritage in America grows, so will the sport's base. Which means by default it'll get more exposure to our youths across the spectrum.

On the otherside, I think the NFL is setting itself up for a monster decline. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are in the twilight of their careers. They might have 2 or 3 years left in the tank. And I don't see where the draw will come after them. The players are getting more and more unrelateable. You could have a situation not unlike the NBA when MJ hung it up. Starting to figure out why all those rules are in place to keep QB's upright. Brady and Manning are viewed as the life blood of their sport, and the longer they're around the better for the NFL.