View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 11:02 AM   #16
Demoncrom
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I grew up watching football in the late-1980s and 1990s, which seemed, in contrast to today, very much an era of the running back. I feel lucky to have been able to watch all of the careers of Barry, Thurman, and Emmitt, and to have caught parts of Dickerson's career.

As that was the era that shaped my identity as a fan, I pine for the days when the two-back set was king and the concept of the workhorse back reigned.

I really don't like the spread, the single back, or the committee approach. Accordingly, I won't shape my Madden team that way. I want to try to win like SEA did last year, with a punishing ground game at the center of the offensive game plan and a strong defense behind it. So I'll privilege drafting bell-cow-types if I can find them.
I grew up watching the bears in the early 80's so Payton , hershel, barry sandersy, iron head hayward, christian okaye and Bo jackson those are the running styles I loved. Add on that some solid hard hitting defenses, football heaven. I miss the black and blue days and it took me a lot to accept the new prima dona league. Seeing AP go hard in 2012 was a rare treat for me and he proved that when faced with bruising running most of todays players cannot tackle.