View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 07:30 AM   #15
El_Poopador
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gamescom Euroleague Gameplay

Couple things I took away that's different from what I'm seeing mentioned so far:
  • Spacing looked about the same as 2k14, which has me worried. CPU defenders sagging way off their man which clogs the lane, but the AI teammates they should be guarding don't move to get open or get them further away. Multiple times I saw all five CPU defenders right around the key, almost like they were lined up for a free throw.
  • Passing still looked floaty.
  • CPU passing was not intelligent. They weren't passing the ball to keep it moving and get an open look, but rather just passing back and forth around the perimeter like in 2k14.
  • Every time a CPU player caught a pass, they did a jab step.
  • Too many points in the paint and seeming too much attacking the basket in general, especially from Euroleague teams.

That being said, there were some positives. I liked that the CPU took some pull-up jump shots off the dribble. Those were largely nonexistent in 2k14. Some of the new camera cuts were nice. Dribbling from the user seemed a little more fluid.

Overall, it just didn't look much different from 2k14, at least in the areas I was focusing on.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 08-15-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove