Old 08-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #14
Sheba2011
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
While I agree one simulated season is not enough to judge the effectiveness of the sim engine, for a small sample size, this was not a good look. In what universe would Peyton only throw for 13 touchdown passes? A lot of those numbers are pretty bad, IMO.

I only care because I thought this was a new feature this year, correct me if I am wrong, but aren't they touting "re-worked sim stats" this year?
Before the NFL outlawed defense and made everything a penalty the top QB's would average around 30-35 TD's a season (occasionally you would get one or two throwing over that but not often). With improved defense this year (and virtually no PI/illegal contact calls) these numbers look like one of those seasons. Brett Favre's final season in the NFL he threw for 11 TD's and 19 int's in 14 games, the year before that he had 33 TD's and 7 int's. IRL it's not completely out of the question for a 39 year old QB to have a huge drop off. Again I am not saying anything is fixed, just saying you can't judge based off one season.