View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 01:20 PM   #21
tinpanalley
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 15 on the 360/PS3 Appears To Be A Minor Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Personally think the new commentary team and if the physics are better would justify an upgrade. I don't think anyone expecting the same upgrade cycle as the rest of this past gen is living in reality...especially when the NHL team seemed stretched as-is. But definitely worried the game may feel way too familiar to some based on reports we're hearing. Buyer beware in that sense, you've been warned haha.
Honestly, if massive improvements are what anyone is looking for, then no, I'd say quite frankly that overall there is no change. To me, having hybrid icing, newer player photos, some new adboards, the new commentary, and the 2014-2015 schedule are all good enough reasons to get the new game. For me. If there are minor physics and sound upgrades, all the better. But I play straight up seasons with no fantasy elements so I don't know in those modes how things are supposed to change year to year. I can't give an opinion on that. To me it continues to do what it does really well and adds little details that matter to me. So, considering their focus is on the next gen version, to be honest I'm glad the game didn't worsen like what happened with PS2 and XBOX versions of sports games when the 360 and PS3 came out.
My guess is most people will feel ripped off, not enough changes, roster update, etc etc etc. If you want a massive change, NO don't buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove