View Single Post
Old 09-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #189
tv25man
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 15 Demo Available Now on Xbox One, 360, PC, PS3 - Soon For PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennonTheGr8
This makes me laugh... If you enjoy this game then great but don't try and tell me that this is the only thing EA do well. This isn't even remotely representing footie and it hasn't done since 09. The presentation is top notch, graphically beautiful but when it comes to gameplay, it's just horrible. If you're casuals (I'm guessing a lot of you are) then you're forgiven. It's like, I'm British and first got into madden back in 07 and to me and lots of other Brit kids, madden was absolutely awesome... To guys in the US, it was terrible and has been for the past few years. To us, it didn't matter... Who cared if Mark Sanchez was playing like Peyton Manning, who cared if Shonne Greene was evading like Barry Sanders... The more I fell in love with NFL the more I realised maddens flaws and then appreciated what 2k did with APF and 2k5... I'm guessing that if Americans really get into 'soccer' and understand each players tendencies and how teams actually set up then you'll realise how flawed this game is...

First off, that's your word, not ours. We took the name soccer from England. I find it consistently hilarious that Brits question us using the name they came up with.

Secondly, of course it isn't a full representation. But neither is Madden, NBA2K, APF, NHL, The Golf Club, Tiger Woods ... you can't fully simulate a sport.

When I take the positives I've witnessed and mentally combine them with the skills of the excellent slider builders on OS, I truly believe this game will create a great experience.