View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #6
DBMcGee3
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I know people will be upset that there aren't any gameplay updates but the first patch from EA is almost always stability issues/bugs.
Very true. I've actually been pretty impressed with EA's ability to patch gameplay as of late. They have worked absolute wonders with UFC, and I remember lots of people giving them credit for notable patches to Live 14. I'm actually very happy with FIFA overall, I like sim-style games but I feel there's only so much they can do when you're looking to get 90 minutes worth of stats in a 20 or 30 minute game.

For me, if they can just adjust the CPU tendencies to allow more variety on the pitch, I'd be good to go. I can enjoy playing against the CPU, because it's still a stern challenge and I love to win, period. That being said, it would be nice to see them pass the ball around more. Back passes and lob passes are virtually non-existent from the CPU right now, which makes the game more about taking the ball off a player directly than guarding passing lanes, etc. I don't know if this type thing can be patched in, but to me it's really the only thing holding the game back. Just my opinion though, everyone has different expectations.