View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 10:10 AM   #17
trey31
Pro

trey31's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Ever notice Madden would sometimes seem to "Cheat" or go full "Beast Mode" on you

As far as Passing Plays, I still have testing to do, but I'm 99% sure each defender in Man coverage is scripted to run the same route as the receiver, with the only variance being the difficulty level and/or sliders which would affect the speed the defender runs the route and/or the distance at which they make the next change of direction or cut.

I've created dozens of new routes the game doesn't know by default, but it doesn't matter to the AI, they run the same route as the WR regardless if its stock or created. Which makes sense, routes are nothing more than script data anyway. For example "0.75 yards, 70 degrees, 100% speed; 4.5 yards, 45 degrees, 100% speed; 25 yards, 14 degrees, 100% speed" is the script for an angled crossing route.

Which makes sense, seeing as there are dozens of Run and Defense PLYT tags, but only a couple of Pass PLYT tags. AI doesn't need as many for passes, it simply runs the same routes receivers do with variances based on difficulty levels to create the "proper" amount of openness of a receiver. The AI only needs to know if its a regular pass, playaction, or HB pass etc for its start of play scripting.