View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 04:49 AM   #8
frank70
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Perfect Golf Available Now on Steam Early Access For $19.99

All i can say, that this game has a great foundation. The motion swing and the in-air ball physics are so lifelike! When I'm standing on a long par 3 with water in front of the green i really get anxious. Because i have to get the (motion) swing right. Tempo has to be right as well as hitting the ball in the centre of the club. And this is, at least on the harder difficulties, far from easy. Having said that: It's so satisfying to get it right - because it isn't easy. I own TGC as well, and i honestly have to say, that i doesn't get this feeling often in that game. The swing is too easy for me, pitching and chipping isn't a real challenge. TGC looks terrific, but i doesn't get the feeling of a real golf sim.

The graphics in PG aren't as flashy as TGCs but to me they look very realistic. It really get the immersion of beeing on a golf course. The ondulations of the fairways and greens are very well designed as the bunkers as well. The whole topography of a golf course is well designed - better as in any golf game so far.

I'm a pretty good golfer in real life (handicap 9) and when i'm playing Perfect Golf i have to make decisions, i have to make in real life as well. You have a 170 yards approach to a tugged pin in the left back corner of a green? Do you go directly to the flag, or maybe you should go with a lower draw and let the ball release to the pin? You can perform all those shots in PG. In this special case you have to perform a draw with motion swing, aim 10-15 yards to right, try to land the ball 5 yards right of the flag. The sidespin (Perfect Golf has real ballflight and spin rates data implemented in the game!) of the draw will push the ball slowly towards the flag. I have to say: This feels like real golf!

Is it PERFECT Golf right now? No. The graphics could use a little tinkering. More information about the lie of the ball and way more camera options should be implemented. But for me, those things are, although important, just cosmetics.

For everybody, who is searching for a golfSIM: Check this game out (for only 19 $ !!). Remember: This is early access. The core golf gameplay is in a very satisfying state already. I'm sure, that the release version will be a wonderful representation of golf!