View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 11:27 AM   #777
Robrain
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: lotusfather's Madden 25 Draft Guide

And it's probably unimportant, but I wanted to note:

Damon Banks draft class:
In my storyline, CB Davion Scott was moved to FS by his coach. He excelled at this new position. Then later, "Florida FS Davion Scott has solid Pro Day, viewed as late 1st round pick." and:

@RossTuckerEA: "Instincts and speed like Davion Scot's get rewarded. He'll be a day 1 pick, or he'll make teams regret it."

This resulted in his projected 96 SPD (top percentile) actually dropping to 92 SPD. However, instead of SLOW DEV, he now has AVG DEV.

Regardless, he's a beast with 90 STR and 90 Hit Power.

Also in the same storyline, the LBs (Adonys Adams and Jalen Shaw) are projected to go #1 and #2 overall. Which was pretty cool to see.

And I think I got WR Geno Castro's good storyline, though it's debatable as to whether it's actually "good" for the team that drafts him (keep reading):

"SUREFIRE 1ST ROUNDER"
"After interviewing with teams, GM's have little doubt that Georgia Tech WR Geno Castro is a 1st round pick."

"ROUTE TO EXCELLENCE"
"Georgia Tech WR Geno Castro's route running may be the best of all the players in the NFL Draft."

"SIZE MATTERS"
"Georgia Tech WR Geno Castro impresses tams with hands and fastest 40 ever (4.22), but size is a concern."

@MattMillerEA: "Fastest 40 ever. Grat route runner. Solid hands. Stop knocking Geno Castro's size and let's start praising the rest!"

@ToddMcShayEA: "Everyone's talking about Geno Castro's size. He's small, but so is Santonio Holmes. My concern is his durability."

[which is notably laughable because Geno Castro is 6'2" / 215 lbs, he's not really small by any measure, and at 77 STR he's probably in the Top 5% of NFL receivers for the STR stat - meanwhile, fake McShay compares him to Santonio Holmes, who is listed in this game at 5'11" / 192 lbs ...]

@SCollinsEA: "You don't expect a player with sprinter's speed to run routes as well as well as Geno Castro can. World class, indeed." (yes, one of the many typos included in Madden 25)

However, be warned. This results in his RTE increasing from it's projected 65, all the way up to 87. SIMULTANEOUSLY, his Elite 99 SPD is now reduced to 93 SPD. He also jumps from a projected ADP of 4.23, all the way to 1.19.

I was going to draft him, but eating a 1st Rounder to do it AND losing his Elite Speed value made me change my mind. 87 RTE is not worth that kind of loss. He still has SLOW DEV and 55 AWR (80 CTH - 70 CIT - 71 SPC - 65 RLS), so he's more of a project than you'd think based on all the gushing from these blurbs by the fake analysts. At least DROPS PASSES = NO, so you don't have to worry about that for him while trying to build up his production if you decide to burn a 1st Rounder on this version of him.

If he'd still had 99 SPD, I'd have drafted him even if it meant paying that 1st round price tag. Without it, with the WR corps I have, I probably wouldn't have drafted him even if he was going in the 4th round.