View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 06:23 PM   #20
Moegames
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 16 Gameplay Video (IGN)

I posted this in another thread but i wanted to post it here with the first gameplay video.

I really feel the dev's are missing the core elements of a NFL Football game. I might be hasty with saying this since the game is still in development and we are seeing a incomplete game right now but i get this sense of the Madden dev's are reaching too far outside of the box and not concentrating enough on the core essentials that need the most work, hope that sounds right. I guess what i am saying is..the core things need addressing are animations, flow of the game, pre/half/post game stuff like a legit half time show...more work on the presentation and gameplay mechanics...instead of focusing on stuff like Fantasy football elements..why not put in work on more RPG elements like say...mid week practicing,player workouts where attributes are increased, mid week rehabilitation of injured players, off-the-field transactions,etc,etc,etc ....I really think this stuff should be considered part of the core elements of real NFL football games.

I just think these core things should be the absolute prime focus for the development team, building a solid foundation of the core elements rather than always trying too hard to implement new modes each year that are really not "essentials".. This has always been the case with the madden dev's..it's kind of baffling that they never take one year and just go the team focused route of just hammering down at the core elements of the game to create one solid foundation, NBA2k is a prime example of how they built a solid foundation, same with MLB The Show, while not perfect, those two games have a real solid foundation now. People love the RPG elements of "core elements of NFL football".... Mid week stuff, commentary with fluidity/excitement, immersive half-time shows,etc rather than fantasy football garbage. Just my opinion of course and I am really looking forward to seeing the final product this year. Like i said, the game is not finished and i might be hasty with saying what i said but when we feel the same vibe year after year..it's usually right.

PS: I think i heard one of the developers in this gameplay video say that they implemented a closer camera after a play is over to put the camera focus on players closer than what a real NFL broadcast can do? Why would you do something that is not part of what "real" NFL does? See it's stuff like this that is not right..doing things or not fixing things that are not part of what we see watching a real NFL game. That's the main problem with Madden's presentation, reaching outside the box with things unnecessary or simply not fixing things that "are" necessary to capture the feel of a real NFL broadcast.

Last edited by Moegames; 06-17-2015 at 06:28 PM.