View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 10:32 PM   #4
Primo80
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Has Madden on Next Gen made in progress with Special teams play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
That would be a negative. Don't hold your breathe. People already complaining penalties going to happen this year. They would probably riot if they lose a game due to a bad snap on a punt or having a punt or FG blocked.

The only year AI special teams was actually good was Madden 10. You would think it would be an easy fix to tell kick off and punt returners to stop running in a straight line directly into defenders, use the entire field. Apparently it isn't. I'm still waiting for Madden to give me an AI RB that break off Barry Sanders or even USC Reggie Bush like runs with change of directions and cut backs across the field.
Yeah man, i never really thought about how players run directly into blockers. They should be taking angles and avoiding them. Kind of the way DEs run around tackles.

When i was on kickoff teams, i would fix my sights on the returner and use my peripheral vision to see who was coming at me. It was easy to trick them into thinking i didnt see them and make moves around them, at the expense of my position in the lane.

Madden is cleaning up rough edges slowly, but there are still AI behaviors that dont even try to look convincing.