Old 07-03-2015, 06:11 AM   #19
half-fast
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: FIFA 16 No Touch Dribbling Details and Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I agree. It's not just FIFA, it's all sports games.
I was a fan of some of the fancier control schemes when they were first introduced, but now I'm not so sure.
The players skill now lies solely on the stick-skills of the user. It's as if the attributes only play 50% of the part as to how good your players will be.

I wish there was an optional 2-4 button control scheme where if you simply press a 'skill' button, the player will attempt a skill move such as this.
And it should be contextual so a no-touch dribble will only take place if you're facing a defender head-on.
And of course, if the player you're controlling has terrible dribbling skills, then he won't be able to execute a no-touch move, or if he does, he'll fail more than he succeeds.
You don't need to do all the fancy stuff to win. I'm full manual, so if I play online or against a local player who has full assisted controls, the most important thing for me is to maintain control and keep my passes clean and crisp. I have beaten assisted players online just by utilizing good passing and patient, careful defending.

In my opinion, a one-button skill move is a HUGE step backward. NHL uses this and its far too simple, so everyone is doing them constantly, and they work too well or not at all, because without the skill stick its only timing, not timing + execution. The skill stick adds move speed and exit direction which is essential, or I wouldnt even touch this game.