Old 07-10-2015, 08:36 PM   #3
giantsharks
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 16 Q&A Update - Gameplay Videos Coming This Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Why did you elect to put Kane and Toews as opposed to letting your fans vote on the cover like in previous years?

As you may have saw with our E3 trailer, the theme for NHL 16 is all about playing as team or ‘Play Together. Win Together.’ With the return of team based modes like Online Co-Op, OTP, EASHL, our team came up with the idea of putting a winner from the Stanley Cup Champion on the cover. We actually signed players from each of the 16 NHL teams participating in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, but with Chicago, both Toews and Kane expressed interest in sharing the cover if the Hawks won the Cup. Given the team focus for NHL 16 we felt it was good fit and something we decided to agree to. We may elect to return to a cover vote or experiment a new cover selection process in the future, but with NHL 16 we’re happy with where things netted out. For the first time, we have teammates and one of the best duo’s in the league on the cover.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this or maybe I'm being too harsh but this comment enrages me and has nothing to do with the way the cover was chosen. They say "As you may have saw with our E3 trailer, the theme for NHL 16 is all about playing as team or ‘Play Together. Win Together.’ With the return of team based modes like Online Co-Op, OTP, EASHL...." This comment leads me to believe that their focus and marketing is going towards modes that were in previous versions of the game. They shouldn't act like they've made some huge improvement by putting this stuff back in the game. I know its early to tell but it feels like any other year and as someone who plays offline, this does not bode well.
Golden State Warriors