View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 03:53 PM   #2
dynastymgrguy
Rookie

OVR: 0
Great video post. Thanks. I have really enjoyed DD this year. The lag issues last season drove me away quickly. This year, 90% of the time, lag is not a glaring factor in my wins and losses. However, two of the points you brought up (bunting exploits, and base-stealing exploits) have not really been an issue in my online games.

The group I'm in (DD 1550+ points), I find that the competition is usually serious about competing without taking advantage of exploits. I've played over 70+ games and rarely have been defeated by anyone who exploits bunts or stealing. My wins and losses are scores in the range of 3-2 1-0, 4-3, etc (and a rare 7-1, 6-2). At the higher levels, I am not seeing amateurish gamers. Of course, I could face one tonight, but hopefully not.

As far as holding a runner, I don't care if they still on me with two outs. Especially if I'm facing a poor hitter or a slow hitter. I'll get them out with pitching or just good defense.

And for the bunt exploit, pitch UP in the zone (to get popup), or get a few foul balls out of the hitter. If they are still trying to bunt on two strikes (which another fail bunt equals an out), then you know what kind of person you're facing and can start to put together a strategy against his/her style of game play.

I have also just gone and hit a batter that does the stupid bunting fakes. My way of saying, "Grow Up".

Last edited by dynastymgrguy; 07-24-2015 at 03:56 PM.