View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #16
snc237
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ven0m43
My option on EA and its sports titles are pretty low right now.

Begin of rant

I feel like they're out to just make as much profit as they can year in and year out doing the minimum amount of work. They're at a point where they are satisfied with the status quo, instead of trying to be innovative and push the gaming industry forward. EA spends its time on gimmick features that entice people to buy the game, but dont work properly which then gets removed in the next installment. The same core problems remain in the game year in and year out. For the last decade or so they have been recycling the same things over and over. When a new console comes out they stripe the game now and slowly at the old features back in, until the next time it's time to start over again and repeat the same process. It's sad when a game over 10 years old has more features than the current version. The dlc is integrated into the core game, that adds nothing to the actual game, or should have been included with the game from the start.

By doing this they can increase their profits and purchase exclusive contracts from other companies/leagues, preventing others from innovating the games, hence allowing them to keep the status quo. People will continue to buy these games for many reasons, but mainly because there is no alternative, partly do to exclusive licenses.

I can go on and on, but I won't
Other then the NHL series all the other EA sports games had 99 percent of features that it's last gen counter part had during its launch. What dlc are you talking about? I haven't paid for anything other then the game in all sports games? Now I know there is MUT, HUT, FUT and so forth but that's not dlc. I'm not getting more content to the game buy purchasing packs. I play HUT and am in D1 and haven't spent a dime on it. Making games, sports games in particular is very expensive and you have a short development window each year. There's a reason why EA and a few other companies make sports games. We were so lucky 10-15 years ago with so many options. That was the golden age