View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 10:46 PM   #9
Majingir

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 2K Announces NHL SuperCard Featuring Minnesota Wild Left Wing Zach Parise

Doubt this will have anywhere close to level of players as we saw in NBA or WWE version,but hopefully still gets support. I'll be playing it a fair amount,so hopefully things end up well. If they have anything like PCC in this,might be able to get a higher tier simply cause of not as many people playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph17
Any tips? Never been into these card battle games. This one (so far) has my attention. But I have so many questions...

- are the results 100% dependant on the stats? Or is there a RNG/dice roll behind the scenes?

What are some rounds worth 2-3pts and others just one?

Do season mode games run overnight? Seems like someone who is up to manage their roster has huge advantage here. Will I wake up tomorrow and have team full of exhausted guys?
Results are dependent on stats, but matchups do suck at times. It was the worst in the NBA card game cause almost everyones best stat was offense, so if your opponent got the offense stat for the matchup,it was almost automatic loss for you. WWE and NHL(so far from what I've seen) isn't bad though. Just gotta think strategically at times/recognize AI patterns.

I think it's 1 card for a loss,2 for a win,3 for a shutout(which I like,it's what I've been hoping for in the WWE game for awhile,give people extra incentive to try for all 3 matchups,even if you're winning 2-0 already)

Season modes go overnight,however,time zones and people having lives impact it alot too. WWE more than NHL or NBA,had people from all over the world,so just cause you're sleeping,doesn't mean it can't be 4pm for some other player in your mode.

My best strategy for that is to re-engergize before going to bed,do it again after waking up. And if you can,do it at least 1 more time during the day. Like I said,it could just depend on how many people "have a life". If you're truly dedicated to the game,you can win fairly easily,though even just casually playing in season mode should be more than enough to at least get you in playoffs(and getting a decent to good reward)