Old 10-13-2015, 03:29 PM   #13
murph17
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: 2K Announces NHL SuperCard Featuring Minnesota Wild Left Wing Zach Parise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
The board pulls and matchups get frustrating at times.

I've played close to 200 games,and have just 3 super rare cards. 2 of which are LW(which isn't a good thing,since season mode deducts more stamina if guys play out of position),the other s D. I got like 10+ rare dmen, probably 5+ rare LW, and 1-2 combined rare C,RW,G.
Ooof. That's some bad pack luck. I just hit 300 GP to get my super rare Corey Crawford. Also got another super rare for losing in finals in season mode. So minus those two rewards, I have 6 super rare in 300GP.

Two super rares for one position isn't the worst thing - you really need two solid lines for season mode anyways.

Cruised to #1 seed in my first season. After about 30-40 games in, #1 had 1 loss and I had 8 but we made up the difference in the second half as I learned about training cards. Cruised through first three rounds of playoffs too then ran into trouble. I did some training and used some boosts, but didn't want to go too crazy with the training because I had much better cards to use in season 2.

Other random observations, comments, questions...

- so it took 200-something games before I realized I had to manually "play" one of my coaches cards for it to take effect. whoops. the instructions for this game are soooo lacking.

- didn't understand training right away either. i discarded a good 30-40 common cards before I realized I was supposed to use ALL of them to train up my other cards.

- so i'm supposed to max out training on my rare or better cards BEFORE combining them to make a pro version? so that the Pro version will train to a higher level? what if i have no real intention of using/training the Pro version card? should i just combine then?

- are there bonuses for completing team collections?