View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 03:31 PM   #7
QNo
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 PC Patch Available (257mb)

Just played an RTTP game. The gameplay was fine and I like the changes they made. However, RTTP was unbelievably laggy. RTTP has always been laggier than Play Now, but this was on another level. Clearly worse than when I as a European play someone from the Eastcoast in a MyLeague game. I almost feel like they merged server regions or something. But I'm very happy that we got the patch.

Edit: Played 2 more RTTP games. Performance was significantly better in those, the first especially was very smoove. The first was against a regular player. He didn't really know how to run an offense or defend all that well, turned out to be an easy victory. Gameplay felt great, except that my 7'4" Ralph Sampson got blocked by both KD and MJ. Guard blocks seem toned down but still a little OP - this is on SS/Sim, after all.

The second game was against what I call a competitive player - someone with sound basketball IQ who can do more offensively than just PnRs, but who also mixes in cheesy plays wherever he can to try and get an advantage. The fastbreak scores are also slightly toned down, but it still happened way too often. I'm already in the habit of switching to my C and turboing back, then doing the same with my PF after every made basket. But even once they were in position in my paint he still got some of those quarterback passes of for easy dunks.

Quick thoughts:
- Westbrook is still a much better player than Curry, even 89 OVR Westbrook compared with 93 OVR Curry.
- Missing wide-open alley-oops is very annoying, but I guess that might be needed to tone down some of the cheesier ones.
- Post-game seems stronger now, the attacker gets more favourable animations.
- There is still some reminiscence of spin-move and spin-layup cheese, but it's not as bad anymore.
- The game is a ton of fun to play online now.

Last edited by QNo; 11-20-2015 at 05:08 PM.