View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 04:07 PM   #33
jhigginsluckow
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Rookies - Can I PLEASE Just Change the Horrible Names?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
In theory I agree with you, but I would rather draft Bryce Brice than see another draft class list available online for CFM cheaters to use because they've simmed through storylines and 20 seasons.
Easy fix for this (easy as in simplicity, not sure how easy it would be to program into the game) - give each draft prospect 3 or more different possible names, and have it be a dice roll in the background as to which name is chosen for him. For example, "Prospect 1" could have a name of either Josh Smith, Brian Williams, or Teddy Westside.

To further mix things up, every player could have a +/- 2 for his attributes, also controlled by dice roll. Now, a player with a standard 95 strength, 90 Pass block, 90 Run Block won't be so identifiable by attributes because it could look like 97/88/89, or 93/89/89, or any other number of options.

Sure, there will still be guys with recognizable names like JJ Smoke from a couple years ago who everyone will know is a stud if you happen to get that name (a 1/3 chance if you use my example from above). But it would be much harder to create entire draft sheet cheats if there are 3+ possible name outcomes and different attribute combinations for every player. And, although I am not a game programmer by any means, dice rolls are essentially how we play madden anyway, so I don't imagine it's hard to add them in this instance.

Last edited by jhigginsluckow; 11-25-2015 at 04:10 PM.