View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 09:30 AM   #4
DBMcGee3
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuban_Linx
Nice update! CPU teams finally pass the ball with intention to attack and take risk instead of just playing keep away. I also noticed the refereeing logic is somewhat improved and they allow me to make tackles and generally counter the CPU's more freeflowing offensive mindset by letting me play defense. This all definitely makes the game more open and fun. It's incredibly enjoyable at times.

One area of improvement tho. The CPU still has an insane passing accuracy. It's still impossible to get them below 91% accuracy. This combined with how they're now willing to take risk turns some of their attacks into unstoppable Barça like attacks. I just played Burnley with Arsenal and they had a gorgeous possession of 17 straight passes that ended with a through ball to their striker sitting wide open in the box and finishing. They ended up with a 96% accuracy on the game. This would be pretty realistic if I was playing Barcelona, but I'm not.

Overall the game plays much smoother and free flowing and it's a great step up from before the update. But there's still some work to be done on how comfortable CPU players are dribbling and passing the ball around despite their positions (even goalies) and skills suggesting they shouldn't be able to. Also, the CPU still does a terrible job recognizing when they should just clear the ball out.
This sounds good, thanks for posting your impressions. I'm stuck at work, dying to play FIFA.

What level are you playing on? I'd agree that the passing %s are too high (both user and CPU), but I rarely see them over 90% and never as high as 96%. Usually I'm around 82-83% and they're always a few points better than that, 85-86%.

I've also not really had issues with CPU clearances. If anything they usually just kick it laterally out of bounds instead of trying to play it into my backfield, but I seldom pick their pocket for cheap goals in or around the box.

Really looking forward to trying the patch, thanks again for the info.