Old 12-29-2015, 12:55 PM   #554
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Donny Moore, the 'Madden Ratings Czar', Leaving EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Bottom line, some of the guys at EA ( Rex Dickson included ) have very good intentions for this game, but at the same time the implementation of your ratings would pretty much require a complete overhaul of the overall rating system. EA bases much of their advertising in months leading up to madden's release on player ratings. If they decided to go with your system, people ( mainly casual fans of the series ) would complain that their favorite player is rated too low, despite not actually taking a look at that player's individual attributes. If EA held back on some of that advertising, there would be a better ( still not that good ) chance the ratings system would BENEFIT EA. The ratings certainly benefit us, but i'm not sure they would really benefit EA, especially pertaining to the aforementioned things written above.

Honestly, I believe EA relies TOO HEAVILY on appealing to the casual gamer. They know if they show some flashy new feature through TV or youtube advertisement, mainly MUT or now Draft Champions, it will attract more kinds of people to the game. Hell, look at what they did with some elements of the gauntlet and the goal-based system in CFM. That stuff is directed toward RPG gamers, not long-time sim gamers who know football inside and out. Like I said before, there are good intentions for this game and always have been, but implementation hasn't consistently been good with the madden series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Causal gamer sells. They need to rely on the casual gamer for business reasons.

It all comes down to dollar and cents and I think that was what you are alluding to.