View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 07:52 AM   #20
Dolenz
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Stream - Battle Royale, Conquest & More (Archive Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Still like the concept of BR a lot, but not sold on how the draft works. As they were drafting I feel like the positional weight was a bit too high. If I have bench spots left, but need pitchers I don't want my draft rounds so heavily biased toward pitchers. It makes it so if you decide to draft position players with your early bronze rounds and fill up your starting lineup the game will start feeding you more pitchers when you may have been trying to draft bench players in the early bronze rounds.

It forces you to leave holes open until later in the draft or else you may get to a late silver round and get 3 pitchers if you lineup is full. Maybe you drafted a bronze LF in round 5 planning to use them on your bench. I'd still want left fielders and other position players to show up in the later silver+ rounds equally to pitchers.

The other thing that may become a big factor is how stamina resets each game. So theoretically couldn't you just draft bronze starting pitchers and draft a few upper tier RP/CP. Let your bronze SP pitch to one batter, then bring in your top relievers every single game? Granted if you can't hit this strategy is pointless due to extra innings, but if reliever stamina completely resets every game I see this as being how people play in BR since the SP select is random. Imagine if you draft say Neshek, Chapman, Kimbrel and then 68-72 starting pitchers. If you could score one run in 3 innings you'd basically only need to get 8 or 9 outs with those three pitchers. And if stamina resets you can do this every game until you're eliminated.
That is all going to be dependent on the pitcher Stamina. During the stream Ramone brought in a relief pitcher without very good stamina and the game said he was getting tired after only one pitch.