View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 02:17 AM   #24
Brock
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: [Guide] Modding, Editing, and Porting PSP & PS2 NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
Yea, I posted a question over on footballidiot.com forum to ask if anyone has experienced it crashing because of binary fields. I'm guessing most of the crowd there uses NZA Editor to modify madden though, because its easier. The cells that crash importing or modifying in TEAM are JJNM and TPIP. The fields are several bytes of binary. DB Editor 3 can load and read it but can't mod it.

Anyway, I used DB Editor v3.0 to manually edit every cell in Team database to make it work. I think it's working though the big issue is there HAS to be a WAC conference. I tried deleting it (i.e. move it from Div 1 to Div 2 or moving it to LGID 3 which is "high school") and it crashes. I then tried to keep it in FBS but had 0 teams, and it crashes. So I decided to just stick Idaho and New Mexico State there because they originally came from there and they have no conference home now. haha.

I'll give a test and post my working files if it works well.

I still have to figure out how schedules are generated. My earlier trials seemed to ignore my realigned conferences for scheduling.
Is it possible for two conferences to share the same status/whatnot, like giving the WAC conference the independents attributes or something?

I haven't tested it, and since we don't have an editor for Choops like you do for NCAA/Madden, I've figured out how to remove teams/lower conference memberships. It's kind of a glitch I discovered, haven't fully tested it if it affects a legacy in the long term. But the issue is kind of similar-there's no independents in basketball; but I'm not entirely sure how to eliminate the teams from that conference and adding them to other conferences, since you have to swap the team. But I'm digressing.