View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 12:38 AM   #76
Zinger
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Here Are The Details

As others have said, I use ABR because it's how I get most fun from the game. If I was using manual or assisted I would make silly mistakes and all feelings of realism would be lost. I've been using it without a problem for years. Why should I have to change?

Re those who have said that a buggy ABR is not a game breaker, of course it is! Yesterday I tried one more go at it. I was trailing 1-2 in the 7th and got my first batter on base with a single. Next batter hits a grounder wide of CF and moves to 1st - where he joins the batter already on base who refuses to advance! So I end up with one man on first with one out instead of men on 1st and 2nd with no outs. My rally fizzled out from there. The whole aim at bat is to get as many men on base as possible but this bug now has me feeling worried whenever I get baserunners because of the potential for disaster. I almost don't want baserunners. Totally ruins the gaming experience.

I must say I am puzzled by those who say they use ABR and have no problems. I know the bug is not caused by manually overriding ABR to steal or by accidentally hitting L1 or R1 because I have been playing making sure I don't do either. I wonder if it is anything to do with the mode we play. I always play offline season mode and that is where I have been having problems. I played 3 exhibition games before starting my season and had no problems. Since starting my season (all 3 games of it) I have been getting ABR glitches 2 or 3 times a game, seemingly at random. Puzzling, but anyway I have confidence that SCEA will patch the problem in due course and I will try to wait patiently in the meantime.