Old 04-26-2016, 09:21 PM   #51
jwilphl
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The "why I love NCAA 14 three years later" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTheGreat20
This game always comes back to me. As an avid college football fan, I absolutely love it.

I first bought NCAA 14 last spring after watching the annual Michigan spring game, and I played a season, winning the Natty against The U. After that, I went on to play other games, because it soon got boring.

When the school year started in late August, I hadn't played it in forever. Once the college football season started, I went back to playing it and played a year of a new dynasty (which I have posted in the football dynasty forum).

I continued to play it through December, and all that changed when I got a PS4 for Christmas. I would grind all day in Madden, and NCAA was now an afterthought.

Fast forward to just last week, and I had that itch to play again. After updating the roster as usual, I went ahead and played some test games. Needless to say, I'm back on it.

To me, what separated Dynasty from CFM is the amount of customization. We can edit players to our liking. Custom schedules. We can recruit our own players, the rosters can look very different in a matter of a couple of years, and the thrill of beating a hated rival is simply awesome. Not only that, but Dynasty makes me feel more "connected" to the game with the in-game studio updates and such. In Madden, we don't even feel connected to the rest of the league. So much for "Connected" Franchise.
I'm with you on the NCAA over Madden preference. Madden's franchise is so boring, but it doesn't have to be just because the NCAA game is a bit more changing year-to-year. The reality is it is boring because those Ultimate team modes get all the attention (due to the income, of course).

Even though NCAA's dynasty mode isn't all that deep, it has a LOT more going on compared to Madden. I really wish we could exploit the better power of the new consoles and/or PC and get a new NCAA game; I don't think Madden will ever be what we'd want it to be in the franchise department.
Advertisements - Register to remove