View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 11:36 AM   #6
Ampking101
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: CFM: Storyline Players Branching Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
Maybe the storylines have more of an impact than I'm seeing, but judging from my multiple CFM's alone while disregarding storylines altogether, I've never had an issue with results. Considering EA does such a lackluster job at making these features prominent the way they're intended, I just see storylines as another feature meant to make it look like they're prominent when in reality, they're an illusion to make you think they actually matter... a strategy nearly all of us can agree has become a disappointing staple to just about every Madden game these days.
While I agree with your assessment on the impact of the story's themselves and the fact that there never is any follow up, nor is it actually indicative of their individual abilities (i.e. as you stated fastest 40 time in a story does not translate to actually having the fastest 40).

It does however sometimes indicate their overall ability and their dev. Generally good story players have quick or Superstar development while bad story players can indicate higher overall but have slow development.

So while if you are good at drafting, you can ignore it completely (and in most cases should) and not lose out on anything. However if you have 2 players, both have comparable skills, both are proper projected talent, and both fit your scheme but one is a story player, I will go for him if he had a good story and avoid him if he had a bad story.

Other than this though, I agree and hope that if they keep including these stories that they actually build on them and make them more dynamic and make them matter, rather than keep them dull and for the most part meaningless.