Old 06-12-2016, 09:29 PM   #15
TheGentlemanGhost
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode Now Features 'Big Decisions'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26
I hope there are some under the hood safeguards in place to prevent 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and even to a lesser extent 4th round picks from being cut within the first 2-3 years of their careers due to low overall. The AI should be working to develop and make those players work, not letting them rot on the bench and cutting them early in their careers as a "Big Decision" type thing.

I don't want to see a bunch of high draft picks in FA in year one or two for me to pick up and develop myself. The AI for computer controlled teams needs to make sure they aren't drafting or signing tons of guys at the same position and cutting ones that never got a shot to develop for them.
Early rounders shouldn't be much of an issue. But 4th rounders get cut irl, esp after 2-3 years, sometimes having to play on PS or just never to be heard from again. It definitely happens, it just all depends on the team's depth and the player's rating. But it's better than just cutting these same players all together and hoping they are in the selected bucket of FAs the game allows when you may need them.

Just look at 2014 draft alone...Logan Thomas, Shaq Evans, Carl Bradford, Khairi Fortt, Jalen Saunders, Jaylen Watkins...

All 4th rounders that have been placed on PS and some already been through 2 or 3 teams before finding a home on a 53-man roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove